Useful information for Clients
What happens in your First Appointment?
(Usually to 1 to 1.5 hours)
• Come in and meet the team.
• Your eye socket will be assessed and a fitting of the socket is determined by using an impression to accurately contour and manipulate the anopthalmic socket.
• The iris of your new eye will be expertly hand painted, as well as scleral tinting and veining, to match your companion eye.
Your Next Appointment – Fitting
(usually 45 minutes to one hour)
• After a final check of the colour, we fit the prosthesis and make any adjustments necessary. In some cases a further appointment may be required.
• You are ready to leave and enjoy your natural looking eye.
Ongoing Care of your eye
(usually 30 minutes)
It is highly recommended you return to us every six months to have your artificial eye polished to keep it in tip top condition.
While you can clean your eye at home, protein can work its way into the porous acrylic and cause irritation or infection such as giant papillary conjunctivitis.
Regular professional polishing will also extend the life of your eye and restore the natural, life-like appearance.